We recommend this app to travelers who want to:
- Learn about Seoul local culture
- Meet and become friends with locals
- Create your own tour and travel at your own pace
- Get off the beaten path guidebooks pave
Rather than relying on a guidebook or city guide, this applets you directly contact locals and sign up for low-price trips. It makes researching and ranking things to do in Korea much easier by putting you in the hands of local guides who can take you to non-touristy spots. Whether you are a solo student or backpackers using Hipmunk and, staying in a motel or hostel, or a group of families or friends using Triposo on vacation, tours are easy, cheap, and personalized based on your budget and schedule. A local will act as your personal guide, similar to the WhatsApp and AroundMe apps, taking you to unique, nearby locations.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where locals act as a city guide and recommend a variety of area-specific trips for visitors. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor,Wikitravel, and Viator only suggest popular destinations, this app allows you to personally contact a guide who will show you both unknown and famous locations found on TIME magazine’s Top 10 things to do in Seoul, as well as a non-news tourist agency guides like Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, TripIt, and mTrip. Traveling has never been easier. Often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” this app takes the pressure away from navigating a city guide, blog, map, or tourist brochure. Once your trip is finished, you can leave a comment or recommendation in the user review section to help future travelers.
Sites such as Expedia, Priceline, Kayak, Agoda, and Booking.com, exist so you can find inexpensive flights. CouchSurfing and hostels.com were created to give you convenient housing options while travelling. You could plan a budget trip using XE Currency, Wikitude, SayHi Translate, and UrbanSpoon to get a taste of local culture, but navigating a new city is difficult. Even if you are able to use Avis, Enterprise, Rent-a-car, or Hertz to get a car rental abroad, it is much easier to have a local show you around using public transportation. If you want a hassle-free, unforgettable day trip, you should download this free app. Forget the city guide, let locals give you a taste of the wonders of Korea, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide.
Special Features of Meetrip:
- Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Seoul
- Ask any travel questions to local people, such as weather and clothes
- Book directly from the app - before you travel or even while you're traveling
- Fast, simple, and secure booking
- Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in South Korea. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
- Visit the War Memorial, a large military museum
- Try a refreshing Makgeolli, a traditional alcoholic Korean drink made from rice.
- Spend an afternoon at Gyeongbok Palace or Changdeok Palace.
- Visit Itaewon, an area rich with foreigners and famous for international restaurants
- Stroll along the Cheonggyecheon Stream, a high-tech river with small waterfalls, lights, and bridges overhead.
- Stroll through Bukchon Village, a quaint community
- Grab a bit of Mandu Gook or Bindae Duk.
- Shop at Shinsegae Department Store, selling everything from Kimchi to high-end brands.
- Participate in a Silent Disco, held most weekends in Norita Park.
- Visit the Gahoe Museum, with over 1,500 traditional Korean artistic pieces.
- Hike through Bugaksan, a trail that leads travelers past the old fortress wall to its peak, with an exceptional view of the capital below.
- Pick up souvenirs at Namdaemun market, an area of nearly a thousand official stalls
Seoul Travel Guide, Local Tour
This app has access to :