AlpineQuest Lite is the free solution for all outdoor activities and sports
, including hiking, running, trailing, hunting, sailing, geocaching, off-road navigation and much more.
You can access and store locally a large range of on-line topographic maps, which will remain available
even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps
, like MemoryMap(c) maps.
By using the GPS and the magnetic sensor of your device (with compass display), getting lost is part of the past: you are localized in real-time on the map
, which can also be oriented
to match where you are looking at.
By staying fully operational out of cell coverage (as often in mountain or abroad), AlpineQuest assists you in all your desires of deep wilderness exploring...Don't hesitate, use it right now for free!
PLEASE report suggestions and issues on our dedicated forum http://www.alpinequest.net/forum (no registration needed, all questions answered) and not in comments.Key features (for the full/paid version) are:
• Built-in online maps
(with automatic local storage
; road, topo and satellite maps included);
• Built-in online layers
(road names and hills shading);
• Get more online maps and layers in one click from the included community map list (Nokia maps, Yahoo! Maps, local topo maps, ...);
• Complete area storage
of online maps for off-line use;
• On-board offline maps
support (visit our website to get the free map creator MOBAC);
• Memory-Map support
(QuickChart .QCT maps only, .QC3 maps not compatible, test your maps using the free Lite version first);
• Multiple maps in layers
display, with per-map opacity control;
• Advanced SD memory card Map Explorer and Scanner.
• Create, display, save, restore unlimited number of waypoints, routes, areas and tracks;
• Import/export GPX
files, Google Earth KML/KMZ
• Support OziExplorer WPT
and Geocaching LOC
• Save and share online locations with other users using Community Landmarks;
• Details, advanced statistics and interactive graphics on various items;
• Time Controller to replay time-tagged tracks;
• Routes, tracks and areas creator;
• Advanced SD memory card Landmarks Explorer.
★★ GPS Position / Orientation
• On-map geolocation using GPS or Network;
• Map orientation, compass
and target finder;
• Built-in GPS/Barometric track recorder
(long tracking capable, running in a separate and light process);
• Proximity alerts and leave path alerts;
• Barometer support (for compatible devices).
★★ And more:
• Metric, imperial and hybrid distance units;
• GPS Latitude/Longitude and grid coordinate formats (UTM, MGRS, USNG, OSGB, Irish Grid, Swiss Grid, Lambert Grids, DFCI Grid, QTH Maidenhead Locator System, ...);
• Ability to import hundreds of coordinate formats from http://www.spatialreference.org;
• On-map grids display;
• Full screen map view;
• Multi-touch zoom;
About the "Phone state and identity" Android permission: due to the backward compatibility of AlpineQuest with Android 1.5, this permission is automatically added by Google Play.