What’s new in 2.1:
• Edit iNEWS stories: Create and edit iNEWS stories on Android devices, including adding production queues, adding machine control instructions, and formatting text.
• View and play sequences associated with iNEWS stories: Load sequences associated with iNEWS stories in the media player, and play and scrub the video.
Avid MediaCentral | UX Compatibility
Android OS v4.1 or later are supported on MediaCentral | UX v2.1. You can install the MediaCentral UX mobile app on Android devices with these qualified operating system versions. Note that Avid has tested and supports the MediaCentral | UX mobile app only on the following smart phones:
• Google Nexus 5 (OS 4.4)
• Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (OS 4.2.2)
The MCS 2.0 / 2.1 servers are supported with MediaCentral | UX v2.1 on Android devices.
The Interplay Central 1.7 / 1.8 servers are also supported with MediaCentral | UX v2.1 on Android devices.
• View all of your system queues and stories
• Stories include normal text, presenter text, close captioned text, and production cues
• Auto-login available to eliminate the need to re-enter your user credentials
• Move between stories and queues using the navigation drawer
MediaCentral | UX on your Android device requires connectivity to your Avid MediaCentral and iNEWS systems. Your organization may require a VPN connection to access your system remotely. If you have issues connecting MediaCentral | UX to your system, or if you would like to add MediaCentral | UX to your Avid environment, please contact your system administrator.
Avid MediaCentral | UX
This app has access to :