Aadhaar you will be required to visit an Enrolment Centre, fill and submit the enrolment form and get your Biometric data captured. Aadhaar letter received via India Post and e-Aadhaar downloaded from UIDAI website/app are equally valid.
It is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India.
This number will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Aadhaar letter received via India Post and e-Aadhaar downloaded from UIDAI website are equally valid.
Aadhaar, which means "foundation" in many Indian languages, is the term for the unique identity number issued by the UIDAI.
No resident can have a duplicate number since it is linked to their individual biometrics; thereby identifying fake and ghost identities which result in leakages today. Savings from eliminating duplicates and fakes through Aadhaar-based identification will further enable governments to expand benefits to other eligible residents.
You can do following with this AADHAR Card App:
1. Check your Aadhar Card Status
2. Find AADHAR Linking Status
3. Download e-AADHAR Card
4. Download AADHAR Card on Mobile
5. Update Your AADHAR Profile and Upload Documents
6. Check Status of Your AADHAR Card Application with Enrolment Number / ID
7. Book Appointment for Enrolment / Enrollment
8. File Complaint
9. Check Status of Your Complaint
10 - Find Nearest AADHAR Card Center