What exactly do you get by using El Camino?
- Find routes to explore by just looking around a map
- Share your favourite routes with other enthusiasts
- Detailed route information. While the routes are provided by users, effort is placed into polishing submissions into something useful for planning your drives
- See and share ratings by other users and read their experiences
- See and share photos of your drives with other users
- Navigate from wherever you are to the start of your favourite route
El Camino started off as a means to scratch an itch. When planning a roadtrip, I looked for resources that helped me find great driving roads. I assumed this was a solved problem, but for the most part websites didn't cover my area nor have the quality I was looking for. The apps that I'd tried suffered from these same problems and were heavily ad-supported, which got in the way of the information. I decided to do something that served my needs as an enthusiast. This is the result.
The only way I got any reliable information was to contact local enthusiasts. El Camino looks to tap that knowledge so where ever you are you can be assured of a fun drive. Road locations are one thing, but it's the details that matter. I aim to massage those descriptions into something useful so you know about that pothole, or that deceptively tight corner. I can share my own favourite drives, and others can do the same. Hopefully I've gone some way to making a tool for that to happen.
This app has access to :