There are 10 levels. Each level has at least 250 different puzzles. You need to answer 7 puzzles correctly in one game to progress to the next level.
The free version has adverts, levels 1 and 2, and three puzzles from level 3
The full version has no adverts and 10 full levels of flying flappy word fun! Plus you can resume the game from any level you've reached already. In app purchase allows the upgrade to the full version - one payment, no subscriptions and no further payments needed. (After a payment, you may need to restart the app for the payment to be acknowledged).
1. Easy questions, 2 choices.
2. Words that sound like other words (e.g. "plane" and "plain").
3. Idioms. AKA Popular sayings.
4. Jokes and riddles (my favourite level)
5. Medium level questions, 2 choices.
6. Easy questions, 3 choices.
7. Letters and symbols - and a break from the usual obstacles!
8. Shakespeare. Not as hard as it might sound. (e.g. Romeo and Juliet or Romeo and Julia?).
9. Lucky dip. Spelling, capital cities, abbreviations. Some hard, some easy!
10. Mostly tough. Etymology and strange words. Some are the words that you've seen a few times but are unsure as to their exact meaning! Besides, it's multiple choice and you might get lucky........
You win trophies along the way by completing levels. If you complete all 10 levels in one attempt, you must be some kind of genius.
The words are (mostly) in British English, but the spelling tests only use words that are spelled the same way in both American and British variations (except when the test is whether the word is correct in British or American). I've included some American variations - zucchini = courgette, eggplant = aubergine!
Flying Words Flappy Words
This app has access to :