Feeling anxious or depressed?
Experiencing panic attacks, distress or manic sadness?
Fighting a mental illness?
Are mental disorders treatable?
Looking for information, coaching or counselling?
Mental self-help is a free medical health app containing modules for depression and generalized anxiety. It provides and teaches cognitive behavioural therapy as well as other assets for stress, tension and worry. Based on the "read to heal" idea, it gives you a set of strategies that might help you to improve your life.
- In the Depression module you will learn:
• Depression and whether you (or someone you know) might have depression
• Which treatments work for depression
• Some self-help methods for preventing and dealing with depression
We hope that by the end of your depression program journey you will know a lot more about how to manage and prevent depression. By using our depression self-help tools you can learn helpful ways of thinking that will help overcome depression now and in the future. These tools will also help you to practice ways of living your life and relating to people that leave you less vulnerable to depression.
- In the Anxiety and Worry section you will have the opportunity to:
• Learn more about worry and whether you are a worrier
• Deal with the purpose and meaning of worry
• Deal with the act of worrying
• Deal with the content of the worry.
And, at the finish of your investigations, you will have a different perspective on worry and how to manage it. The toolkits in MSH will show you how to worry less, tackle your mental habits, address your feelings and practise different behaviours.
- In the Social Anxiety section you will have the opportunity to:
• Learn more about social anxiety and shyness
• Reassess your predictions about how things turn out for you
• Challenge the way you interpret others' responses to you
• Learn some attention strategies to decrease your self-consciousness
• Practise some social exposure exercises
• Look at some social communication tips…
• Evidence-based information about emotional problems with over 300 features.
• Skill development exercises and tools to assist you understand yourself better.
• CBT, IPT, Problem solving, Physical Activity and Relaxation modules all in one place.
• The only app in the store with Interpersonal Therapy for the prevention of major depressive disorders and dysthymia.
• Alternative treatments for relief, reduction and prevention.
*The apps provided by Mental self-help are not designed to treat clinical levels of depression or anxiety or other mental health disorders. The diagnosis and treatment require a medical practitioner or a qualified mental health professional.