Follow Nik West through her Official App smarturl.it/NikWest. Download the free Nik West app now!
And More than that, Nik West Music app also gives you :
• Listen to uninterrupted music online or offline
• Get real time artist updates in our alerts page
• Earn hearts for listening and redeem them for exclusive content
• Swipe photos left or right for more exclusive pics, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, youtube and a web browser too!
• Feed : The first artist-based social network with full audio support.
• Streaming: Create multi-sourced playlists with all the music you love.
• Exclusive Content : Pictures, ringtones and more, directly from your favorite Nik West.
• In-App Search : Do anything online without ever leaving the artist app.
• Fan Board : Check the top 20 app users. Are you the #1 fan?
• Superstars: Trade your Hearts for Superstars, boost your comments and be featured right next to your favorite artist posts, where everyone can see.
About Nik West
Nik West is a 24 year old, young electric bassist and singer. She has worked for artists such as, Dave Stewart of Eurythmics, Prince, John Mayer, and Glee.
West was born in Phoenix, AZ. It was there that her father T. West taught her how to play the rhythm guitar when she was 13-years-old. West’s family includes her sisters (keys, drums, violin, and guitar) who were her first band and singing act, and an older brother, a few of which she still records with today.
Though she began her musical journey playing the guitar, she discovered the bass in high school while listening to Michael Jackson's "You Wanna Be Startin Somethin".
Although West’s father taught her and her siblings how to sing at a young age she has always considered herself more of a bassist than a singer. So much so that she intended for her debut album— Just in the Nik of Time —to be an instrumental project. “The producer I was working with, told me I have a wonderful voice and I need to sing,” says West. “I ended up doing it and I kind of like it now.”
While working on her first album “Just In The Nik of Time”, Dave Stewart of Eurythmics also became acquainted with West’s work, reached out to her to work with him on several projects. Later she also began working with Stewart and Grammy-winning songwriter/producer Glen Ballard (Alanis Morissette, George Strait, and Michael Jackson) on a recording project. Since then, Nik has accompanied and jammed with a few well-known artists, such as Prince, John Mayer, Marcus Miller, and more. She was also noted by Lionel Richie, Meshell N’Deggeocello, and Flea (RHCP).
She has been featured in Bass Musician Magazine and Bass Player, Bass Quarterly Germany, and Bass Magazine Japan. Fender offered her an artist endorsement. She was also one of the first musicians to play Fender’s first 6-string bass. West’s was selected to endorse SWR’s Black Beauty Amplifiers. The photo of West that is featured in the SWR advertisement was hand selected by legendary bassist Marcus Miller.
Nik is the face of a brand new line of basses called the Dimension Bass that Fender came out with in 2013. She was a partner in helping to develop the bass. She is also the brainchild behind the Queen of Strings Competition.