A simple, no-nonsense meditation timer, trainer & helper for chanting various powerful "OM" Mantras. These time-tested Vedic Om (AUM) mantras will relax your mind and body, cure sleep disorders and uplift your soul. It comes with lot of configuration options including changing the image, & audio track. The wordings and meanings of all mantras are provided for your easy reference. It also features a Silent Meditation mode to help Breathe Meditation.
Om is regarded as the eternal sound which is there in the universe all the time. It is said to be the only sound you would hear when you go into deep meditation. OM is made of 3 sub-sounds A, U and M.
As per Mandukya Upanishad:
1) The "A" stands for the state of wakefulness, where our sense organs are active
2) The "U" stands for the dream state, in which inward experiences are available
3) The "M" represents deep sleep, when the mind is without desire
Apart from the basic Om chant, the following mantra chants are provided:
- Om Gam Ganapataye Namah (Ganesha Mantra) - Removes all obstacles, when starting a new task
- Om Namo Narayanaya - Tribute to Vishnu, the Supreme God and his avatars including Rama & Krishna
- Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha (Gayathri Mantra) - Tribute to Savitr (Sun before sunrise), the life giver
- Om Namah Shivaya - Tribute to Shiva/Mahadeva, the Supreme Destroyer
- Om Mani Padme Hum - Worshiping the Buddhist Sacred Lotus Flower
- Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya - Tribute to Krishna, Mukti (liberation) mantra
- Om Maha Mrityunjaya - Death-conquering mantra, a tribute to Rudra (Shiva)
- Om Ham Hanumate Namaha - Energy giving mantra, a tribute to Lord Hanuman
- Om Shreem Hreem (Shree Yantra / Sri Chakra Mantra) - Wealth & Prosperity giving tribute to Mahalaxmi
- Om Purnam Adah (Shanti Mantra) - Mantra for Peace
- Sarawathi Mantra - Wisdom Mantra
- Durga Mantra - Power Mantra
- Maha Mantra - Hare Krishna Hare Rama
- Om Saha Navavatu - for teachers & students
- Nam Myoho Renge Kyo (Daimoku)- Japanese lotus sutra
- Guru Mantra - a tribute to teachers
- Asato Ma Sadgamaya - for clearing the mind
- Surya (Sun) Mantra
- Namokar (Navkar) Mantra - Jain Mantra
- Shani (Saturn) Mantra
- Silent Meditation
If you are new to meditation, instructions are provided for a 108 chants meditation routine.
- Play various Om/Aum mantra chant endlessly
- Pauses chant on receiving phone calls
- Lots of configuration options
- Change mantra image, audio, wordings and title
- Runs in the background and does not drain your battery
Om/Aum has great spiritual significance in Hinduism, Buddhism & Jainism. It is also considered to have great healing powers. Regular Om chanting can help you overcome depression, loneliness, insomnia (sleep disorders) & stress. It could also help you quit bad habits like smoking, drugs or alcoholism by strengthening your mind.
This tool can help those who are familiar with various forms of meditations including Vipassana (Mindfulness), Zen/ZaZen, Vedanta (Transcendental), Taoist Qi gong, Reiki, Sparsh, Hindu Dharma (Indian), Chakra, Kundalini, Yoga and Pranayama.
This tool can also be used to play the auspicious Om sound in the background during pujas (prayers), archanas (offerings to God), aarti, stuti and other religious ceremonies.
More on OM and it's Significance
Different sounds have different effects on human psyche. The sacred utterances (chants) of Sanskrit Mantras provide us with the power to attain our goals and lift ourselves to a higher level of consciousness.
Every Mantra in the Vedas begin with Om or Aum - the primordial sound, the sound that is said to have its origins at the time of the creation of the cosmos (the Big Bang).
Daily chanting of Om or just playing it in your home can improve your concentration, good luck and good health. Even after you switch off the Om chants, it keeps playing in your mind and sustains the peace!