1. The board consists of 61 circular spaces arrange in a hexagon, five on a side.
2. Each player has 14 marbles.
3. Play alternates between the players one move at a time, with the pink marbles moving first.
4. For each move, a player moves either a line of one, two or three one space ahead.
5. The move can be either in-line (parallel to the line of marbles) or broadside (not parallel to the line of marbles).
6. A player can push their opponent′s marbles which are in an adjacent space to their own with an in-line move only.
7. They can only push if the pushing line has more marbles than the pushed line (three can push two or one; two can push one).
8. Marbles must be pushed into an open space (i.e. not blocked by a marble of either color).
9. The winner is the one who gains six opposing marbles from the opponent.