PM2.5, or fine particulate matter, is the air pollutant of concern during the annual transboundary haze. Due to their small size, they can lodge deeply in the lungs.
* Excerpt from http://www.haze.gov.sg : Air quality indicators and health advisories during periods of transboundary haze refer primarily to the 24-hour PSI. There are no accompanying health advisories for any other air quality indicators. In addition, the main air pollutant during the haze season is PM2.5. Hence, the 1-hour PM2.5 concentration readings are a good indicator of the current air quality. Use this for immediate activities like going for a jog.
This app retrieves PM2.5 reading from the National Environment Agency (NEA), Singapore, dataset server.
Readings for hours without your device's data connection (sleep/hibernation modes) will not be retrieved.
* This app is not customised for tablet dimensions.
- Notification when PM2.5 reaches the elevated levels.
- Notification settings can be customised.
- Ability to read the latest PM2.5 concentration readings from the app widget without the need to open the app.
- Share PM2.5 readings through SMS or communications app such as WhatsApp.
- Ability to turn off automatic sync.